I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.
“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”
Saturday, December 31, 2016
This is an amazing movie that shows the power of God to take his broken children and turn them into his strongest tools. Todd White is an evangelist every day that his eyes open. He is ON FIRE for the Lord. Personally, I felt like I received a spiritual refueling just from watching this movie.
Monday, December 26, 2016
|Photo by Cassie Pilger Lighthouse on Lake Michigan|
|Photo by Cassie Pilger Lake Michigan shoreline|
Saturday, December 24, 2016
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
- Let all manner of persons praise God. Those of every rank, high and low.
- Let us show that we are his saints by praising his name continually.
- He is not only our Creator, but our Redeemer; who made us a people near unto him.
- We may...understand Christ, whom God has exalted to be a Prince and a Saviour.
- In redemption, that unspeakable glory is displayed, which forms the source of all our hopes and joys.
- May the Lord pardon us, and teach our hearts to love him more and praise him better.
"As a consequence of your being adopted into the family of God, and being regarded as his sons. It follows as a part of his purpose of adoption that his children shall have the spirit of the Lord Jesus."
Barnes Notes on the Bible
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Sunday, December 4, 2016
- All whose minds are stayed on God, they shall be as a mountain supported by providence, much more as a holy mountain supported by promise. They cannot be removed from confidence in God.
- Committing themselves to God, they shall be safe from their enemies.
- God's covenant with his people cannot be broken, nor his care of them cease.
- Their troubles shall last no longer than their strength will bear them up under them.
- The scepter of the wicked may come and may fall upon the righteous, upon their persons, their estates, their liberties, their families names, on anything that falls to their lot; only it cannot reach their souls.
- Carnal desires gain strength by indulgence - Do not indulge them.
- Nothing in Scripture is written in vain; and it is our wisdom and duty to learn from it. Others have fallen, and so may we.
- God is wise as well as faithful. He knows what we can bear.
- He will make a way to escape; he will deliver either from the trial itself, or at least the mischief of it.
- We have full encouragement to flee from sin, and to be faithful to God.
- We cannot fall by temptation, if we hold fast to God.
- Whether the world smiles or frowns, it is an enemy.
- Believers shall be strengthened to overcome the world, with all its terrors and enticements.
- The awe and reverence of the Lord, put into the hearts of the faithful, will be the great means of safety from sin.
Yesterday morning, I finally realized why I was feeling overwhelmed and promptly started praying out loud in the car on the way to work.
Since, I live and drive through a rural area, only cows and deer are going to see me talking out loud to Jesus in the car like a crazy lady. Yep, I am crazy about Jesus!
The sense of overwhelmedness slowly receded as I talked with Jesus in prayer and my workday went well.
Procrastinating at Home
The procrastination proceeded to return after I arrived home and should have been making three types of frosting for the 8 dozen cupcakes I was going to make Friday evening to sell at at community marketplace event.
You know the consequence of procrastination is normally not getting a task completed, or having to work hours longer to get it done. Knowing this consequence and going ahead with the task are two different things. Unfortunately, I didn't pray either.
Yep, the frosting didn't get made because I was procrastinating, but I told myself I was tired from working all day and deserved to rest. Additionally, no prayer was involved in this small decision because I knew that I was setting myself up to bake, frost, and package 96 cupcakes the next evening. Can you identify?
Friday evening arrived and I started baking cupcakes the moment I arrived home from work at 4:00 PM. With cool down times, two cupcake pans, etc. it took me until about 9:44 PM to bake the almost 100 cupcakes and complete the trio of frostings for them.
Now I said a prayer and made a pot of coffee as I began to pipe frosting and package the cupcakes. At 1:35 AM I finished loading the last container of cupcakes into my car and said a quick prayer to Jesus thanking him for giving me the strength to complete my cupcake marathon.
Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.
Sunday, November 27, 2016
- Television viewing - hours and hours devoted to viewing ungodly programming
- Social media - hours and hours spent on games and messaging that takes away time spent in bible study and prayer
- Busyness - activities that prevent bible study, prayer, and discipleship
- Materialism - the pursuit of material possessions above and beyond actual needs
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.Be wary of who you listen to and give charity to.
Many people have learned to con Christians out of material goods by passing themselves off as followers of Jesus when they are actually followers of Satan. They sound like faithful followers who knows the Bible. In fact, they do know the Bible, but they only know enough to disguise themselves as a Christian while following their own agenda. This isn't a new issue. In fact, Paul addresses this issue in 2 Corinthians 11.
Paul knew that there were counterfeit apostles who had learned just enough from himself and the true apostles to pass themselves off as followers of Jesus. Paul also said he wasn't surprised because Satan can be an angel of light too. Followers of Satan come in many disguises, just as Satan can appear as an angel of light to further his own plan, which is always the opposite of God's plan.
- Counterfeit Prophets and Apostles
- Satan, Angel of Light
- 2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
- Matthew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
- Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
- Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Sunday, November 20, 2016
Thanksgiving week can be a time of reflection upon how the Lord has worked in your life through the last year. Can you see His hand at work?
Don't let stress get you down this week, as the holiday season officially starts. Thank Jesus and God for the simplest things in life like:
- waking up
- having family
- having a place to stay
- food is available
- clothes are available
- the sunrise is beautiful
- the clouds and sky are gorgeous
Saturday, November 19, 2016
This list sums up my last couple of weeks.
- grandchild with viral meningitis - lots of prayer and faith in action have been required.
- two coworkers and a member of my church family have babies on the way - joyful praise prayers and celebration cupcakes have been given.
- 24 yr. old momma died in a car wreck - praying for the family and her babies who won't know her
- a faithful single friend turned 50 - prayer, encouragement, and a cupcake bouquet
Sunday, November 6, 2016
Sunday, October 30, 2016
|I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. Psalm 119:45|
We need to pray that we may never be afraid or ashamed to own God's truths and ways before men. There is no full happiness, or perfect liberty, but in keeping God's law. We must never be ashamed or afraid to own our religion. The more delight we take in the service of God, the nearer we come to perfection. Not only consent to his law as good, but take pleasure in it as good for us. Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary
|In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26|
How happy I am that the Holy Spirit dwells in me!
Sunday, October 23, 2016
Friday, October 21, 2016
Monday, October 17, 2016
|Being a dog mom is a lot like being a toddler mom.|
Sunday, October 16, 2016
I have no doubt that Jesus lived as man and god, died on a cross for my sins, arose three days later, taught the disciples before ascending to heaven, and the Holy Spirit was given as promised.
I know that the Holy Spirit dwells inside me and has sealed me as a child of God. I never want the word of truth taken from me. It is what grounds me and sustains me.
Sunday, October 9, 2016
|God watches over his children in the same manner that a pet owner takes care of a beloved pet.|
Why do I do this? Because I love him and want to make sure he has everything that he needs to be happy and healthy. In the same way that I watch over Beast, the Heavenly Father, the Maker of Heaven and Earth, watches over me. I have absolutely no doubt about this.
Monday, October 3, 2016
Fasting isn't necessarily from food. You can fast from social media, TV viewing, or busyness. Yes, fasting isn't just fasting from food. This was a reminder that I needed to hear.
- What does "Ordinary, but Faithful" mean to you?
- Which woman could you identify with the most? Why?
- What is the world's view of "success"? How does this world view affect you sense of worth? Would this world view have an impact on how you view your ordinary days?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:7 and discuss practical ways you can continue to grow in your faith walk.
- Read Luke 25:21 and discuss the meaning of the verse. Are hearing the words of Jesus your heart's desire?
Sunday, October 2, 2016
|Lake of the Ozarks photograph by Cassie Pilger|
Friday, September 30, 2016
I like learning new skills that I can apply to my job. Meeting and greeting fellow paraprofessionals and talking shop with others who have similar on-the-job challenges is fun and inspires more creative thinking. At least, I think so.
Similarly, going to a one day women's conference helps me to learn a new approach, or point of view to my faith.
Meeting and greeting other women of faith is fun and inspires me. Listening to a variety of women speak on a topic helps my faith to deepen and grow as I listen to the differing attitudes and outlooks on faith.
A Workshop and a Women's Conference
This week I am going to a workshop for work AND going to a half-day fall women's conference at a local church. I am excited and happy to be going to both - it's a win-win for me! lol...lol
The workshop is for experienced paraprofessionals with four or more years of experience. I went to the beginning paraprofessional workshop last year because I had not worked in the special education department in years and I knew that many things had changed, especially the terminology. Last year's workshop was helpful and informative. This year's workshop should also be fun, helpful, and informative. In fact, I have found myself looking forward to this date.
The women's conference topic is "Ordinary, but Faithful." I am looking forward to attending and sharing what I learn with you. Ordinary, but faithful is a fairly broad topic. I wonder which biblical women we will be taking a closer look at?
The woman at the well was an ordinary Samaritan woman who just went to get water one morning. Maybe it is Mary and Martha because they were ordinary women and sisters who served Jesus when he was in town staying at their house. Hmmm...who else? In the old testament there are quite a few women who were living an ordinary and normal life. I will just have to wait and see.
I am looking forward to my road trips!
Yes, I get to go to the workshop on Friday and the conference is on the following Saturday morning. I am also looking forward to seeing if the Lord has a divine appointment or two in store for me. Hope you are well and enjoying today.
Bye for now!