Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, December 11, 2016

Verse of the Week - Matthew 1:23 - December 11, 2016

The mystery of Christ's becoming man is to be adored, not curiously inquired into. 
It was so ordered that Christ should have our nature, yet that he should be pure from the defilement of original sin, which has been communicated to all the race of Adam, or mankind.

It is the thoughtful, not the unthinking, whom God will guide. 
God's time to come with instruction to his people, is when they are at a loss. Divine comforts most delight the soul when under the pressure of perplexed thoughts. 

Joseph is told that Mary should bring forth the Saviour of the world. 
Joseph did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, speedily, without delay, and cheerfully, without dispute. 

He was to call his name Jesus, a Saviour. 
And the reason of that name is clear, for those whom Christ saves, he saves from their sins; from the guilt of sin by the merit of his death, and from the power of sin by the Spirit of his grace. In saving them from sin, he saves them from wrath and the curse, and all misery, here and hereafter.

Christ came to save his people, not in their sins, but from their sins; and so to redeem them from among men, to himself, who is separate from sinners. 

By applying the general rules of the written word
We should in all the steps of our lives, particularly the great turns of them, take direction from God, and we shall find this safe and comfortable.

Adapted from Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB