Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, October 9, 2016

Psalm of the Week - 121:8 - October 9, 2016

God watches over his children in the same manner that a pet owner takes care of a beloved pet. 
I watch over the coming and going of my dog Beast every day.
Why do I do this? Because I love him and want to make sure he has everything that he needs to be happy and healthy. In the same way that I watch over Beast, the Heavenly Father, the Maker of Heaven and Earth, watches over me. I have absolutely no doubt about this.

Do you have a beloved pet that you ensure is happy, healthy, and wants for nothing? 
If you do, then you need to realize that God watches over you in the same manner that you see to the needs of your pet, or pets. God loves you. Yes, he wants to make sure that your needs are met, now and forevermore.

No Spoiling
I tend to over-pamper my pet. That is where God differs from me. He takes care of me and makes sure my needs are provided. However, he isn't going to spoil me. At least, that has been my experience. 

Spiritual and Physical Needs
God meets my spiritual needs and provides my must-have physical needs like food, a place to live, and clothing. I trust Him to do this in the same way that my pets don't doubt that I am going to provide their needs. I know they are dogs, but I can better understand my relationship with God in this context. 

The Analogy
I hope this analogy between the way we watch the comings and goings of our pets and how God watches our comings and goings helps you to find a closer relationship with God. He loves us. Trust Him to be watchful today and forevermore. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB