I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.
“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”
Saturday, December 31, 2016
This is an amazing movie that shows the power of God to take his broken children and turn them into his strongest tools. Todd White is an evangelist every day that his eyes open. He is ON FIRE for the Lord. Personally, I felt like I received a spiritual refueling just from watching this movie.
Monday, December 26, 2016
|Photo by Cassie Pilger Lighthouse on Lake Michigan|
|Photo by Cassie Pilger Lake Michigan shoreline|
Saturday, December 24, 2016
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
- Let all manner of persons praise God. Those of every rank, high and low.
- Let us show that we are his saints by praising his name continually.
- He is not only our Creator, but our Redeemer; who made us a people near unto him.
- We may...understand Christ, whom God has exalted to be a Prince and a Saviour.
- In redemption, that unspeakable glory is displayed, which forms the source of all our hopes and joys.
- May the Lord pardon us, and teach our hearts to love him more and praise him better.
"As a consequence of your being adopted into the family of God, and being regarded as his sons. It follows as a part of his purpose of adoption that his children shall have the spirit of the Lord Jesus."
Barnes Notes on the Bible
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Sunday, December 4, 2016
- All whose minds are stayed on God, they shall be as a mountain supported by providence, much more as a holy mountain supported by promise. They cannot be removed from confidence in God.
- Committing themselves to God, they shall be safe from their enemies.
- God's covenant with his people cannot be broken, nor his care of them cease.
- Their troubles shall last no longer than their strength will bear them up under them.
- The scepter of the wicked may come and may fall upon the righteous, upon their persons, their estates, their liberties, their families names, on anything that falls to their lot; only it cannot reach their souls.
- Carnal desires gain strength by indulgence - Do not indulge them.
- Nothing in Scripture is written in vain; and it is our wisdom and duty to learn from it. Others have fallen, and so may we.
- God is wise as well as faithful. He knows what we can bear.
- He will make a way to escape; he will deliver either from the trial itself, or at least the mischief of it.
- We have full encouragement to flee from sin, and to be faithful to God.
- We cannot fall by temptation, if we hold fast to God.
- Whether the world smiles or frowns, it is an enemy.
- Believers shall be strengthened to overcome the world, with all its terrors and enticements.
- The awe and reverence of the Lord, put into the hearts of the faithful, will be the great means of safety from sin.
Yesterday morning, I finally realized why I was feeling overwhelmed and promptly started praying out loud in the car on the way to work.
Since, I live and drive through a rural area, only cows and deer are going to see me talking out loud to Jesus in the car like a crazy lady. Yep, I am crazy about Jesus!
The sense of overwhelmedness slowly receded as I talked with Jesus in prayer and my workday went well.
Procrastinating at Home
The procrastination proceeded to return after I arrived home and should have been making three types of frosting for the 8 dozen cupcakes I was going to make Friday evening to sell at at community marketplace event.
You know the consequence of procrastination is normally not getting a task completed, or having to work hours longer to get it done. Knowing this consequence and going ahead with the task are two different things. Unfortunately, I didn't pray either.
Yep, the frosting didn't get made because I was procrastinating, but I told myself I was tired from working all day and deserved to rest. Additionally, no prayer was involved in this small decision because I knew that I was setting myself up to bake, frost, and package 96 cupcakes the next evening. Can you identify?
Friday evening arrived and I started baking cupcakes the moment I arrived home from work at 4:00 PM. With cool down times, two cupcake pans, etc. it took me until about 9:44 PM to bake the almost 100 cupcakes and complete the trio of frostings for them.
Now I said a prayer and made a pot of coffee as I began to pipe frosting and package the cupcakes. At 1:35 AM I finished loading the last container of cupcakes into my car and said a quick prayer to Jesus thanking him for giving me the strength to complete my cupcake marathon.
Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.