I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.
“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”
Monday, July 9, 2018
Monday, June 4, 2018
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
"By the time Joseph married and assumed his new position of leadership, he had spent 13 years in slavery. Was slavery part of God’s plan for him? Proverbs 20: 24 says, “A man’s steps are directed by the LORD.” How then can anyone understand his own way?” Joseph knew that God had a plan for his life, and he accepted God’s sovereignty regardless of what happened. He knew that God had directed his steps into that pit his brothers had dug for him just as He had directed his steps into a place of power. God had shown Himself faithful from the pit to Potiphar to prison to power. Joseph’s sons, in turn, became a living testimony to his conviction that God was with him every step of the way.
TerKeurst, Lysa. What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places (p. 84). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. "
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers The title "Prince of this world" was the regular Rabbinic title for Satan, whom they regarded as the ruler of the Gentiles...Jews, as well as Gentiles, have been subjects of the prince of this world the world itself, as opposed to Christ...The world's condemnation is followed by the casting out of its ruler.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Sometimes the Lord just wants us to put ourselves in park, or neutral and wait on his timing.
- Anger - Memorize, read, and recite scriptures on anger. Pray with a prayer partner before I blow up (My husband)
- Idolatry - Nothing comes before God. Not spouses, children, drugs, alcohol, food, job, nothing. God is #numberonepriority
- Unforgiving spirit - Forgiveness comes from unconditional love. I might not like someone's actions, but I still have to forgive the person. Occasionally, this requires praying for the person you are unforgiving about to receive what they need to be happy. Do this daily for 2 weeks.
- Broken relationships - Yes, I have to apologize for my behaviors and actions towards my fellow human beings. Courage in action is being loving and forgiving regardless of the other person's actions and behaviors. Think of Jesus stopping the stoning of the adulterous woman. Stephen asking God to forgive those stoning him to death, and Jesus on the cross asking forgiveness for those who sent him to the cross.
- Perseverance - Perseverance means having faith in and focusing on God to make sure of what He wants and what you want to ask for.
- With sincerity - Sincerity means from the heart - in love.
- With humility - Submitting to God in all areas.
- In faith - Belief with no doubt that the power of God is present in your life.
- While abiding with Christ - Letting Jesus into your whole life, not just part of it. He is the vine and you are a branch of the vine.
- In Jesus' name - All things come to us through Jesus. We ask in the name of Jesus and ask as Jesus would ask. What would Jesus ask for?
- With the mind - Use your ability to phrase your prayer in a manner that is to the point, or "short and sweet."
- In the Spirit - No selfishness or self-centeredness.
Monday, May 28, 2018
The apostle showed his charitable disposition, and how ready he was to own the Jewish converts as brethren, though many would scarcely allow the like favor to the converted Gentiles; but mere difference of opinion was no reason to him why he should not help them. Herein is a pattern of Christian charity, which we should extend to all the disciples of Christ. Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary