Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, October 9, 2016

Verse of the Week - 2 Timothy 2:8 - October 9, 2016

Photo by Cindy Hicks-Butler at the Cruising for Christmas Toy Ride in Belle, MO 10/8/2016

Athletes train, practise, and compete according to the rules of their sport. 
Training requires a commitment to practicing daily, pleasing their coach, and learning the techniques of their sport so that they may win in competition and receive a medal.

Training Daily
Training daily requires an athlete to leave their old life behind. They make a decision to live a committed life devoted to their sport. The next requirement is to listen to their coach.

Coach is the Boss
Athletes who do not listen to their coach don't make it very far in their sport. A coach isn't going to put up with an athlete who isn't willing to follow their instructions. The instructions are meant to help the athlete develop into a stronger, more proficient competitor through learning the techniques of their sport.

Follow the Rules
Once an athlete becomes a proficient competitor, they are still not going to win and receive a medal unless they follow the individual rules of their sport. Athletes are expected to be familiar with the rules of each competition they compete in. 

Similarly, Christians train too. 
Christian training requires a commitment to practise living in a new way daily, pleasing their coach, Jesus,  and learning the techniques set out in the New Testament.

Leave the Old Life Behind
Daily life requires Christians to leave their old life behind. they make a decision to live a committed life devoted to their sport, Christianity. The next requirement is to listen to their coach.

Jesus left clear instructions for every Christian to follow in the New Testament. 
These instructions are meant to help each Christian to develop a deeper faith and a closer relationship with Jesus. Christians who follow the instructions of their coach stop being a new Christian and develop into a mature Christian who handles the demands of life more proficiently. Our coach wants us to live in a way that reflects that fact that we are living in accordance to the Biblical teachings. 

Christians must stay focused and become more familiar with the teachings of Jesus. 
The teachings from our Heavenly Coach will enable us to receive our crown when we arrive at the finish line in Heaven. That is the goal - victoriously arriving in Heaven and being with Jesus for eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB