Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, November 26, 2016

A Joyful 2016 Thanksgiving with Family

Last year my Ashley volunteered to have Thanksgiving at her house. 
Her sister and I took her up on the offer and we had a wonderful time with all of the kids, grand kids, my parents, and us. I am so thankful to spend time with my family.

In October, I asked her if she still wanted to host the Thanksgiving dinner this year. 
She said she would have to talk to her boyfriend and get back with me. Last year they were just dating, this year they are a couple. In the end, she said yes and published a private Facebook event and invited the family to post what they would bring. This simplified the process of a family Thanksgiving meal a lot! It is the perfect halfway point for her sister and has LOTS of kid stuff for the grandchildren. I am thankful that they agreed. I am thankful to spend time with my busy daughters and their families.

Wednesday Before Thanksgiving
Wednesday evening, I joined Ashley in her kitchen and provided some advice on her apple pie making while I demonstrated how to make bread stuffing. As a young girl, Ashley wasn't interested in cooking. I tried to teach her the basics, but these weren't her favorite lessons. I am thankful to be this girl's mother. She brings me joy.

However, over the last three years,
I have received a lot of texts and phone calls about how to cook side and main dishes. I'm happily providing this information and sharing my recipes with her. (Her sister did this about ten years ago.) At last! I can share and pass on my knowledge of family cooking that was shared with me by my great grandmas, grandmas, and my mom with my other daughter! I am joyful and thankful that I am able to share traditional family dishes with my daughters. 

My parents weren't able to make the Thanksgiving meal this year. 
Mom and Dad hosted my brother Rick and his family. I am thankful that I have parents who are healthy and able to live independently.

My son-in-law Curt had invited his dad, but Buell had said no. 
However he did show up unexpectedly and we welcomed him with open arms. Buell's wife died two years ago and as a one-time widow, I know how hard year two was for me. I am thankful my silent prayer was heard and we could enfold Buell with our love during this difficult time. 

As usual, the meal timetable didn't work out because of a faulty turkey timer. 
However, this is why Buell was able to sit and share food with us AND Ashley told Scott she should have listened to him about using their meat thermometer. Her sister made a video of Ashley saying this to prove that she had actually said this! Laughter and love surrounded these two moments. I am thankful that we laugh at the unexpected and love each other unconditionally. Yes, our family members have faults, but we know people aren't perfect. I am thankful for the laughter and love we show and share with each other.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 
Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

4 comments:

  1. This was truly a blessed Thanksgiving... I shared my kitchen wisdom with 3 young women (2 granddaughters & Jason's new friend). Jason's 1st turkey was a huge hit!!! We sat around the table & shared the things we were thankful for... and I blessed the meal. We forgot dessert :) So thankful for my daughter in TX... they had a wonderful time, too! ♥Tess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I am so happy that you had such a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. TURTLE...
    Turning
    Unbelievers
    Righteously
    To
    Life
    Everlasting

    (I may not have the "R" right, but it's what keeps coming to mind)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB