Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, September 17, 2017

Believing is Essential - Mark 9:23

Jesus Has Power Over Satan
Jesus demonstrated his power over Satan and the spirits that answered to Satan repeatedly. He gave the disciples the power to also cast out spirits and heal people. The disciples tried to help a suffering boy, but they couldn't cast out the demon. Why?
Jesus felt it was because of unbelief on the part of the father AND the disciples. Perhaps the disciples had quit relying on God as much as they should have and had begun to rely on themselves. 

According to Matthew Henry's Concise Bible Commentary for Mark 9:14-29:

  • The father of the suffering youth reflected on the want of power in the disciples; but Christ will have him reckon the disappointment to the want of faith. 
  • Very much is promised to our believing. If you can believe, it is possible that your hard heart may be softened, your spiritual diseases maybe cured; and, weak as you are, You may be able to hold out to the end. 
  • Those that complain of unbelief, must look up to Christ for grace to help them against it, and his grace will be sufficient for them. 
  • Whom Christ cures, he cures effectually. 
  • Satan is unwilling to be driven from those that have been long his slaves, and, when he cannot deceive or destroy the sinner, he will cause him all the terror that he can.
  • The disciples must not think to do their work always with the same ease; some services call for more than ordinary pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB