Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, August 22, 2016

Verse of the Week - Romans 6:14 - August 22, 2016

There is strength in the covenant of grace for us.
Sin shall not have dominion over us.
"God's promises to us are more powerful and effectual for subduing sin, than our promises to God."                                                                              
Sin may struggle in a real believer...but it shall not have dominion; it may cause annoyance for the believer,but it shall not rule over him.*
  • We are under the covenant of grace God promised and Jesus taught this
  • We have the power of the Holy Spirit who is inside of us to defeat sin. Jesus asked God to do this for us and God did.
  • We have the power of the Sword of the Spirit, the Holy Bible to combat sin with. The Bible says so.
Put this bible verse on the dash of your car, the monitor of your computer, the screen saver on your phone, or your bathroom mirror, or all of these places. 

Use it to combat the enemy (Satan). Sin is from Satan and it shall not have dominion over you because you are under the grace of God. Almighty God himself has given you this grace through Jesus Christ. You have the power to defeat sin because you have submitted to Almighty God, Jesus Christ, and have been given the Holy Spirit.

*adapted from Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB