Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, June 5, 2016

Verse of the Week - Acts 2:38 - June 5, 2016


Photo by Cassandra Buchmiller            Photo editing by Sallee Bonham
From the first delivery of this message, it appeared that there was Divine power going with it.
Thousands were brought to the obedience of faith. But neither Peter's words, nor the miracle they witnessed, could have produced such effects, had not the Holy Spirit been given.

Sinners, when their eyes are opened, cannot but be pricked to the heart for sin and cannot but feel an inward uneasiness. 

The apostle told them to repent of their sins, and to openly acknowledge their belief in Jesus as the Messiah, by being baptized in his name. Thus professing their faith in Him, they would receive remission of their sins, and partake of the gifts and graces of the Holy Spirit.

To separate from wicked people, is the only way to save ourselves from them. 

Those who repent of their sins, and give up themselves to Jesus Christ, must prove their sincerity by breaking off from the wicked.
                                                                                Adapted from Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB