Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, May 15, 2016

Verse of the Week - Colossians 3:3-4 AKJV - May 15, 2016

Photo by Debbie Peeler         Editing by Sallee Bonham

The resurrection is regarded in Scripture in three aspects:
  1. as a fact establishing Jesus' Messiahship
  2.  as a prophecy of our rising from the dead
  3. as a symbol of the Christian life even now.
Your life is hid with Christ
  •  The Apostle Paul believed that the Christian is so joined to Jesus that he has, not in symbol only, but in truth, risen with him.
  • faith joins us in a most real and close union to Jesus Christ, so that in His death we die to sin 

We cannot make too much of ‘Christ our sacrifice,’ but some of us make too little of ‘Christ our life...
  • We are, as Christians, bound to be true in our conduct to the facts of our spiritual life, and to turn away from the world, which is now not our home, and set our mind on things above. 
  • Surely union with Him in His death will lead us to die to the world which is alien to us, and to live in thought, desire, love, and obedience with Him in His calm abode, from where He rules and blesses the souls whom, through their faith, He has made to live the new life of heaven on earth.
Text adapted from the MacLaren Exposition of the Holy Scripture, Colossians 3:1-15 found at biblehub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB