|Photo by Debbie Peeler Editing by Sallee Bonham|
- as a fact establishing Jesus' Messiahship
- as a prophecy of our rising from the dead
- as a symbol of the Christian life even now.
- The Apostle Paul believed that the Christian is so joined to Jesus that he has, not in symbol only, but in truth, risen with him.
- faith joins us in a most real and close union to Jesus Christ, so that in His death we die to sin
- We are, as Christians, bound to be true in our conduct to the facts of our spiritual life, and to turn away from the world, which is now not our home, and set our mind on things above.
- Surely union with Him in His death will lead us to die to the world which is alien to us, and to live in thought, desire, love, and obedience with Him in His calm abode, from where He rules and blesses the souls whom, through their faith, He has made to live the new life of heaven on earth.