Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sallee Shares - War Room Bible Study Session 2


I am sharing the parts of the bible study that were significant to me, or that seemed to be just for me. 

Note: A bible version was not included with the bible verses in the War Room bible study. I normally use the New International Version and/or the American King James Version and have chosen to use those bibles in my posts about the bible study. 

As with most bible study participants, I do not always agree with the author. That's okay. It doesn't mean I believe they are wrong. It just means that I am looking at it from a different perspective.
Session 2  starts with Psalm 141:3-5
3 Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips.
4 Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil
so that I take part in wicked deeds
along with those who are evildoers;
do not let me eat their delicacies.
5 Let a righteous man strike me—that is a kindness;
let him rebuke me—that is oil on my head.
My head will not refuse it...     Psalm 141:3-5 NIV
The accompanying question that was with Psalm 141 asks: Is this a prayer you would willingly pray?
 Of course my answer is YES!

The lesson theme is accountability and the clip is the scene in the weight room with Michael and Tony.
Michael was willing to speak a difficult truth to Tony, even though it was ill received.

I am going to be very, very honest here.
When I think about someone holding me accountable it makes me feel rebellious. I am very independent and private. My thoughts go straight to,"Stay out of my business."
Yes, I have been held accountable for my actions, and I knew the individuals meant well. However, what I was being held accountable for was an appearance of wrongdoing, not actual wrongdoing. Hence, I became aware of this bible verse:
Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 AKJV
Since this verse became entrenched into my life, I haven't had any issues.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes the Day One personal study. 
Day One is about having an accountability partner.
I have one thing to say about having an accountability partner,"Be Careful!" Not everyone can be trusted to keep what you tell them confidential. Also, in the movie it was implied that Tony and Michael had known each other for a long time, or maybe known each other since they were quite young.

Day Two
Day Two emphasizes that there is great responsibility in relationships and that solo Christians who don't form relationships within their Christian community can leave themselves vulnerable to sin when they are alone.

The verses for this point are:

Ephesians 4:29-32 NIV
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

John 15:13 AKJV
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Job 6:14 NIV
Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.

Proverbs 18:24 AKJV
A man that has friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Another point was made that without one another, the body of believers would be incomplete.

Day Three
One paragraph seemed to stand out to me. It said,
"Being accountable to God because of the great gift of freedom He has afforded us in Christ prompts us toward obedience. Our accountability to one another is a reflection of that freedom lived responsibly."
The verses for this paragraph are:

Psalm 119:45 AKJV
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek your precepts.

2 Corinthians 3:17 AKJV
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:1 AKJV
Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Romans 6:22 AKJV
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end everlasting life

The study task for the verses is to note what is said about freedom and what this implies about responsibility.

And that concludes my post about what I gained from Session 2 of the War Room Bible Study.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB