Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, August 17, 2015

Verse of the Week - Hebrews 11:1 - August 17, 2015


The disciple Thomas, did not believe his fellow disciples when they told him Jesus had come among them, showed them his wounds, and told them he came to encourage and strengthen them. Thomas wasn't there when this happened.He doubted their words because Jesus was crucified, buried, and his body had disappeared after his burial. 

A week later, Jesus appeared again and this time Thomas was there with the rest of Jesus' followers. Jesus singled out Thomas and told him to touch the wounds in his hands and side. Do you think Thomas actually touched the wounds? I do not think he did. However, Jesus had one last thing to say. He told everyone that people who believe without seeing are truly blessed.

Writing an acrostic poem for the word "FAITH" was part of my Sunday School lesson. The two students and I wrote phrases and words that we felt represented faith. My list is below.

F - Fill my life with Jesus
A - Acknowledge God Daily
I - Inside us is the Holy Spirit
T - Tell Jesus everything
H - He (Jesus) helps me

Where would you place your faith level on a scale of 1-5, with 1 meaning no faith at all and 5 meaning filled with faith? This is the same question that I asked at Sunday School today. You know my answer is a 5. My poem tells how to reach a level 5 faith.
  1. Fill your life with Jesus. 
  2. Acknowledge God daily.
  3. Children of God are holy because the Holy Spirit lives in each one. The Bible says so.
  4. Vent to Jesus, not people. Then, ask for Jesus for help.
  5. Watch for how Jesus is helping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB