Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, August 3, 2015

Psalm of the Week - 119:18 - August 3, 2015


I have heard this sentence from fellow followers of Jesus Christ," I do not read my bible because I don't understand it." I did not understand a lot of the bible for a long time. Fortunately, I had several mentors (mature Christian women) who helped me realize the steps I needed to take in order for me to understand what I read in my bible.

1. Ask God for understanding of the scripture, or verses that are being read.
2. Use verses like Psalm 119:18 as prayers. Again, ask for understanding through prayer.
3. Use a study bible. A study bible is an invaluable tool to help you understand what life was like when the different books of the bible were written.
4. Go to Sunday School. Studying the bible in Sunday School will give you a mentor to talk too. Your mentor could be your Sunday School teacher, or another member of your class. 
5. Having trouble reading the words? Buy an audio bible that reads the bible to you and then you can follow along in your own bible. Listening to the difficult words, instead of trying to figure them out will help you to increase your understanding, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB