Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, August 3, 2015

Verse of the Week - Ephesians 1:18 - August 3, 2015

About five years ago, I began listening to Andrew Wommack's teachings on God's grace. I have learned a tremendous amount about being a victorious, joyful follower of Christ from Andrew's teachings on the Bible. 

Andrew is a country boy from Texas and he has some sayings that he calls "Andyisms." The bolded phrase below is an Andyism. As a mechanically minded person, I understand the point of this Andyism completely. 

According to Andrew Wommack's Commentary Notes from The Life for Today Bible, Ephesians 1:18 is Paul's prayer that the Ephesians receive wisdom and a spiritual revelation:
...Just as we can't see with our physical eyes if we have them closed, so none of us can see with our understanding if our minds are closed. We have to have our understanding opened by the Lord to perceive spiritual truth...
...Wisdom and revelation can only be received as the eyes of our hearts are enlightened...
...Our way of thinking has to be illuminated in order to come to a more accurate and thorough knowledge of God. In fact, spiritual mindedness is the only way to true life and peace...
...The end result of this wisdom and revelation was that the Ephesians might know (1) "the hope of his calling," (2) "the riches of the glory of his inheritance,..." 
...Someone might ask, "Didn't the Ephesians already know these things?"...
...It's one thing to know about car engines; it's quite another to have the expert knowledge of a mechanic....
...Paul's prayer was that through a spirit of wisdom and revelation, the Ephesians would come to know the Father in a deeper, more perfect way than they had before....
Pray for spiritual understanding today. Ask the father for understanding of his word before you read your Bible. He wants you to come into a deeper relationship with him. Jesus studied with teachers in the synagogue. He astounded his teachers, but the point is that he went to the synagogue to receive instruction in his Father's house. Jesus grew in wisdom. He set the example for all of his followers. Luke 2:41-51

Read your Bible and attend Sunday School.  The eyes of your heart will receive enlightenment and you will grow in wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB