Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, September 18, 2016

Verse of the Week - 1 Peter 2:5 - September 18, 2016

Hahatonka Castle at Lake of the Ozarks, MO. Photograph taken by Cassie Pilger.
Correction: this verse is 1 Peter 2:5
Hahatonka Castle is built of physical stones. The mortar and stones are still being admired by tourists to the Lake of the Ozarks. However, the living part of the building is gone. The castle is a ruin. 

Jesus is the living stone that was rejected by men, but chosen by God and is precious to God. Through Jesus, I too am a living stone. I am being used to build a spiritual house that is devoted to being servants to God. I am part of a  holy priesthood that God finds acceptable through Jesus Christ. 

Can you see yourself as a living stone in a spiritual house? No matter how wide spread the followers of Jesus are, we still form a holy priesthood within a spiritual church. We are all living stones within one, world-wide, spiritual house. It doesn't matter what race, color, country, or language we speak. To Jesus, we are his living stones that are offering spiritual sacrifices to Him and God. 

Prayer
Father God,
Thank-you for everything that you have done for me. The thought that I am a living stone in a world-wide spiritual building is awe-inspiring. Today, let me remember to do your will and not mine. Help me to see the tasks that you have set before me. Help me to understand your plan for me today. I thank-you and ask these things in the mighty name of Jesus Christ who is my Savior. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB