Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, September 25, 2016

Psalm of the Week - 121:3 - September 25, 2016

God is my Father in Heaven. He loves me and doesn't want to see me come to harm. 
He is eternally vigilant. Isn't that amazing? No matter where I am or what I am doing, God is right there with me. 

I am going to relay an incident to you that will sound kooky. 
However, it is a true story about an incident that happened to me when I was fifteen. 

I stepped off of a sidewalk to cross a side street in downtown St. James, MO. 
Suddenly, it felt like everything around me stopped for a second. My vision blurred as I felt something hit me in the chest and I moved backwards. At the same time, a car turned quickly from the main road, onto the side street and passed in front of me. 

I was confused.
I knew I had stepped from the curb into the road. I was standing on the sidewalk again. What happened? Then, I realized the car should have hit me because I had been walking across the street. It was too much for my fifteen year old brain to handle. 

I took off running and ran the five blocks to our house. 
As I burst through the front door, I started calling, "Mom! Mom!" My mom and I arrived in the dining room at the same time and I blurted out my story to her. In typical mom fashion, she pulled out a chair, told me to sit down, and calm down. Then, she sat down herself and quietly asked me to repeat my story again. After the calm story, Mom grabbed me and hugged me HARD! 

40 years later, this particular memory remains extremely vivid. 
This incident hasn't faded over time as many memories will. I can still feel the odd, everything-stopped-for-a-moment feeling and blurred vision. The sensation of moving backwards is still there.

Something invisible hit my chest and caused me to move backwards onto the sidewalk, just in time to not be hit by a car. 

I believe my eternally vigilant, Father in Heaven was not slumbering that day and had an angel save me. God loves me, he has a plan for me, and he isn't ready to call me back home yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB