Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, October 16, 2021

I Want to Be Under His Wings


He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.     

Psalm 91:4 NIV 

I'm a farm girl.

 As a young girl,  I would go into the hen house with my mom and see the baby chicks trying to peep out from underneath the mother hen's wings and feathers. Mother hen would patiently tuck each little head back under her feathers. 

When I read Psalm 91:4

 I get a mental picture of myself under God's wing, covered by his feathers, in a safe place to rest, and shielded by his faithfulness. Security is the word that comes to mind as I think about this picture. The security to be free from fear or anxiety. God has me covered with his feathers. Everything will be okay. After all, all things are possible for God.  I think I will continue to place myself under his wing and let him take care of each situation as it arises in my life today. If I try to start doing things my way, I want him to tuck me back under his wing. 

His Faithfulness

This verse also says his faithfulness will be my shield and my rampart. Do you see his faithfulness as a shield? I do. He sure has gone to great lengths to rescue his people from all kinds of situations in the Bible. Slavery in Egypt, fiery furnaces, lion dens, victory over much larger armies, ...etc. If he can do all of these things, I KNOW he can take care of every situation that I am going to face.  His faithfulness walls me in like a buffer zone. I am shielded and protected. No matter what is going on around me, He will be there, surrounding me and protecting me. I don't know about you, but I feel safe and secure as I read these words. 

Turning to God in all things

Running to the shelter of his wing

Under his wing I will find refuge

Shielded and surrounded by God's faithfulness

Trusting his faithfulness in every situation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB