Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, May 25, 2018

Are We Hung by Our Own Tongue?

I was watching Andrew Wommack's television broadcast awhile back with Bill. 
Andrew was teaching from Proverbs 18:21,"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Andrew's question was this, "What if the words we speak actually caused someone to live or to die?" How would it change your life?" Immediately, I felt as if I had been struck by an unseen stone somewhere inside my head and my heart. I know I sometimes speak words that would cause death and now I was being convicted by the Holy Spirit. It isn't a good feeling to know I have fallen short and my heavenly Father is bringing it to my attention in an unmistakable manner.
You see, this is an area in which I struggle every day.
Speaking only good about others is not my strongest character trait. I am being kind and not calling myself a slanderer or a gossip. I don't mean to be either of these things. However, if others are speaking unkindly about someone, I usually find myself joining the conversation.
God brought this to my attention through the question spoken by Andrew Wommack.
This isn't the first time he has brought this to my attention, but it is the first time I felt as if I had been struck by an unseen stone from the inside out. No matter how much I desire to not gossip or speak unkindly of others, I am still doing it. That is what brought this sense of being struck, or convicted. I cannot do it anymore. Through the Holy Spirit, I have been corrected and in the aftermath of that correction I am meditating on Proverbs 18:21 and thinking about my words as having the actual ability to cause life or death. Proverbs 18:21 is my tool to combat this area of weakness within myself.
Additionally, I've been given another tool to use, Psalm 15. 
This tool reached me through a bible study of Lisa TerKeurst's book, What Happens When Women Walk in Faith. Psalm 15 was part of the personal Bible study for the "Famine" chapter's first lesson. Psalm 15 says,
"Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous,
who speaks truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman,
who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things will never be shaken.
who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord,
who keeps his oath even when it hurts
The bold print is my addition.
These are the phrases that sank into my head and heart as I read the psalm. These are the phrases that I KNOW are my second tool to use in my battle to keep my tongue speaking words of life. I do not believe this psalm just happened to be part of a bible study that just happened to coincide with the conviction that I received from God through the Holy Spirit. In faith, I choose to believe that I am being given another tool by the Lord to continue meditating upon so that I may dwell in His sanctuary and live on His holy hill.
This is part of God's plan for me. 
I am being shaped and molded into a better vessel to be used by the Lord. I am a branch having the weak and dead areas pruned from it so that I may flourish and grow stronger. You see, my heart's desire is to be the best me I can be for Jesus and to stay squarely in the middle of God's plan for me. To do this, I have to accept truths about myself that hurt. The sting will lessen as I persevere and grow, and now I have two tools to use in my battle to keep my tongue speaking life. Amen?

Ephesians 4:30
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
John 15:1-2
1“ I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
Romans 9:20-21
20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ” 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

For additional reading and bible verses on this topic go to:
https://joyfilledwoman.blogspot.com/2014/08/dont-get-hung-by-your-tongue.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB