Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Verse of the Week - John 14:16-17 - August 10, 2015


16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 

My Sunday School lesson had an interesting illustration for the Holy Spirit.
  • Take a blow dryer and turn it on.
  • The Holy Spirit is sometimes compared to air, or wind, blowing
  • Can you see the air?
  • What are the effects of the air blowing that you can see?
Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to his followers. The moment you ask Christ to come into your life by 
  1. admitting you are a sinner
  2. by believing that Jesus died on the cross as a sin offering for you 
  3. confessing your sin to the Lord in prayer
You are given the Holy Spirit to dwell in you. John 16-17 are Jesus' actual words. The Holy Spirit is like air, we cannot see Him, but we can feel Him and the effect of Him being inside us. He is that still, quiet voice that speaks to us like a gentle wind blowing through the treetops. 

The Spirit of truth will comfort and guide us by helping us to understand and live our God's Word. The Holy Spirit is supernatural and supernaturally illustrates our mind to understand the Scripture in ways that unbelievers cannot. Jesus is not physically with us, but we have his indwelling presence, the Holy Spirit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB