Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, August 23, 2015

Psalm of the Week - 51:13 - August 24, 2015

David was a sinner, as well as a king and prophet. In Psalm 51, he repents and then makes promises to God. David promised God that he would teach sinners, or transgressors, God's ways so that sinners would turn back to him. 

And John Gill Wrote:
  • David was a prophet as well as a king; see Acts 2:30; and taught men the fear of the Lord, Psalm 34:11, and instructed them in God's ways, as he here promises he would;
  •  by which is meant, either the ways which God prescribes and directs men to walk in, as the paths of faith, holiness, and truth, and the ways of his commandments; 
  • or which he himself has walked in; meaning not the ways of his providence, which are sometimes past finding out;
  •  but the ways of his grace, the steps and methods he has taken in the salvation of men, by forming the scheme of it, by choosing unto it, by making a covenant with his Son, and appointing him to effect it; 
  • and particularly his ways and methods in receiving and pardoning backsliders, when returned by repentance to him; and who may be meant by "transgressors" here: 
  • and then the sense is, that David, upon his being received and pardoned, would teach others like himself how graciously God had dealt with him; how plenteous he is in mercy; how ready to forgive, and how faithful to his promises; and so encourage them to go to him, and acknowledge their transgressions, and seek pardoning grace at his hands, who does abundantly pardon, and whose ways are not as theirs; see Isaiah 55:7;                                       Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
David's promise can be applied to every Christian today because Jesus gave all of his followers the job of making disciples of all nations and baptizing them. 

Enjoy the song below that is based on Psalm 51!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB