Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, April 25, 2015

What's Your Super Power?

The Holy Spirit is every Christian's "super power."


On Thursday After School

My church sponsors a program called Bible Buddies. The first activity after walking the two blocks from our elementary school to our church is eating a snack. I normally choose to sit with five, 2nd to 4th grade boys.

This Week
I was sitting with five boys and listening to them discuss what super power they would like to have. How do you relate super powers to God? Silently, I appealed to the Lord and asked for guidance on what to say and THIS is what happened.
Sallee: "I already have a super power.  
Boy 1: "What is it?" 
Sallee: "The Holy Spirit. God gave it to me and HE created everything, so I am positive I have a super power."
Five pairs of eyes looked at me and I could tell that they were thinking about what I had just said.(Maybe even wondering if this nice Christian lady was a little crazy.) Then, I smiled at them, stood up, and took my plate and cup to the trashcan. 
The Holy Spirit is every Christian's "super power". 

The Holy Spirit is given by God. 

The Holy Spirit lives inside us. 

Act 19: 1-2
...Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." 

1 Corinthians 6:19
 19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 

Acts 15:7-8
Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8"And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 

1 Timothy 1:14
Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB