Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, April 19, 2015

Verse of the Week - Matthew 5:44 - Week of April 20, 2015


Matthew 5:44 contains a list of four ways for followers of Christ to behave towards an enemy, or someone who is treating you badly. John Gill, an English Baptist pastor wrote about this list in his bible exposition:
  • ...the actions of a man may be hated, and just indignation be expressed against them, and yet his person be loved, tenderness be used to him, and pity shown him: all men, even enemies, are to be loved with a natural love, as men; though they cannot be loved with a spiritual affection, as brethren in Christ:'''
  •  Bless them that curse you...give good words, use kind language, mild and soft expressions; such as may either win upon them, or put them to shame and silence: "bless, and curse not"; the latter belongs to them, the former to you;
  • Do good to them that hate you; such as hate you in their hearts, and discover their hatred by their actions; do not make returns in the same way, but on the contrary, do them all the good you can; perform all the kind offices that lie in your power...
  • ...pray for them that spitefully use you and persecute you. What Christ here commands and advises to, he himself did; for as he hung upon the cross, he prayed for his crucifiers, who were then using him in the most despiteful, as well as cruel manner; saying, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"...this breathes out the true spirit of Christianity...
Personal Prayer
Lord Jesus,
Help me to love my enemies and speak in a mild manner to those that curse me. 
Help me do good to those who hate me.
Lord I ask that you intervene in the lives of those who use me spitefully and persecute me. Help me to pray for my persecutors in the same manner that you did.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB