Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sallee's SSMT Memory Verse Number Eight


I posted in January that I was joining the Living Proof Ministries'  2015 Siesta Scripture Memory Team. Living Proof Ministries (LPM) is in Houston, Texas and is headed by my favorite bible teacher, Beth Moore.

Following directions on the LPM blog, I bought a 4" x 6" spiral notebook and applied a printed SSMT 2015 cover over the original front cover.  On January 1, 2015,  Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) members, including myself,  posted their first memory verse as a comment on the LPM blog.  Members post a memory verse on the first and the fifteenth of each month.  This gives you two weeks to memorize your verse.

Sticking with a new habit is for more than two weeks can be hard. However, I have been diligent in carrying my SSMT notebook in my purse and reading my selected scriptures. Memorization is difficult for me. Reading the scriptures in my notebook has helped me to remember and memorize them. Am I word perfect? No, but perfection isn't my goal - staying in the word is my goal.

How do I pick my verses? I listen for the Holy Spirit to lead me.  Some of the verses "jump off the page" as I read my Bible, or study my Sunday school lesson.  I have an internal, "that's my memory verse" moment.  Occasionally, a memory verse will be part of my pastor's sermon. My first memory verse, Philippians 2:14-15, was part of Brother Jimmy's Sunday sermon.

Yesterday, April 15th, was time to post memory verse number eight on the LPM blog.
Here is my verse:

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

Ephesians 6:18 NIV their blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB