Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Captivity of Activity - Week 7



Sallee's Notes


Philippians 4:6-7 
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

  •  Prescription for our stress - pray about everything (Philippians 4:6)
  • Prayer will affect everything - God tells us to pray about everything to gain the result of peace. (Philippians 4:7)
  • Prayer for anxiety issues will bring us God's peace. Tell him everything. 
  • Control issues are connected to our pride
  • Pray about every part of your anxiety

Psalm 62:8
8 Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Luke 10:40-41
40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”


41“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42but few things are needed—or indeed only one.f Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Point 3 -  At any given time God gives us the right to choose.

  • No matter what age we are, we can begin to change one choice at a time
  • One choice at a time choose what is best - give it to GOD
  • We cannot do a thousand things to the glory of God
  • We are losing excellence because we are doing too many things and none of them well
  • We can chose the one thing that is absolutely necessary that cannot be taken from us
  • Only God can fix it - Only GOD
  • Testimony from Beth  - continued on next video

 I'm working hard to change my behavior, one choice at a time.

My anxiety tends to be about finances. If I can't control my finances, I feel like I am failing. God is giving me everything I need. Clothing, food, travel money, everything. EGO as an acronym - Edging God Out. Pride is ego. I love the Lord and I do not want to be edging him out of my life. I want his peace. I want my heart and mind to be guarded, in Christ Jesus. Prayer fills my life, but I still tend to talk to other people about my anxiety, instead of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB