Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, June 15, 2014

Psalm of the Week - Psalm 40:1-3 - Week of 16 June, 2014








This scripture is one of my favorites.
 I can identify with how David felt. I was trapped in a pit of my own making. However, a pit can be from distress, grief, a spiritual trap, addictions, or a term for the grave. 
.  
In last week's Psalm of the Week, Psalm 37:7 also said, "Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;" 

Patience is hard to have sometimes, but the Lord will act in his time. I know he hears me, but he will act in his time, not mine. 

Bible commentaries believe that David was also speaking from a spirit of prophecy about Christ. Verse 2 applies to Christ on the cross

Personal Prayer Application

Lord, I waited patiently for you and you turned to me and heard my cry. You lifted me out of the slimy pit I was in. You lifted me out of the mud and mire. You set my feet on a rock so I would have a firm place to stand, Lord, you put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to you. Many will see and be in awe of you and put their trust in you. 
Amen.


Beth Moore video,  Get Out of That Pit ! 

This is a great video. A friend, Teresa, gave me Beth's book, Get Out of That Pit! when I was dealing with a broken promise and a broken heart. I kept asking myself," How did I get into this situation?" This bible study showed me how I had slipped over the lip of a pit and fallen to the bottom of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB