Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, June 25, 2017

Do Not Grieve the Holy Spirit of God - Ephesians 4:30

What Grieves The Holy Spirit?
  • Anger in all its forms. 
Nothing is more suited to drive away all serious and tender impressions from the mind, than the indulgence of anger.
  • Lustful thoughts and desires. 
The Spirit of God is pure, and he dwells not in a soul that is filled with corrupt imaginings.
  • Ingratitude 
"We" feel ingratitude more than almost anything else; and why should we suppose that the Holy Spirit would not feel it also?
  • Neglect 
The Spirit of God is grieved by neglect. Often he prompts us to pray; he disposes the mind to seriousness, to the reading of the Bible, to tenderness and penitence. We neglect those favored moments of our faith, and lose those happy seasons for becoming like God.
  • Resistance
Christians often resist the Holy Spirit. He would lead them to be dead to the world; yet they drive on their plans of gain. He would teach them the folly of fashion and vanity; yet they deck themselves in the most impractical apparel. He would keep them from the splendid party, the theater, and the ballroom; yet they go there.

All that is needful for a Christian to do in order to be faithful, is to yield to the gentle influences which would draw him to prayer and to heaven.
adapted from Barnes Notes on the Bible

Cross Reference Verses for Ephesians 4:30
Ephesians 1:13
And in Him you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, having heard and believed the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
Do not extinguish the Spirit.

Psalm 78:40
How often they rebelled against Him in the wilderness And grieved Him in the desert!

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled And grieved His Holy Spirit; Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them.

John 3:33
Whoever accepts His testimony has certified that God is truthful.

Hebrews 10:29
How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB