Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, June 13, 2017

An Answered Prayer and Spiritual Conviction

How Do You Use the Holy Spirit?
For several weeks, I have been trying to figure out how to use the Holy Spirit inside of me and let it overflow from me onto others through prayer and conversation. 

Don't laugh, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Last night I spoke with Bill about my mental wrestling match with this issue because I want to be an effective witness for Jesus. 

Bill and I discussed several Bible verses, but I still felt like I was missing something. Finally, I turned to Jesus in prayer and quit trying to wrestle some understanding from everything I had read, listened to, and talked about.
My prayer was pretty basic; I asked for understanding of the issue I was struggling with. 

Today, my Aunt Nancy posted her daily reading from Jesus Calling.
As I read through the passage, tears began to form in my eyes as I became aware that I was being spiritually convicted. 
For me, spiritual conviction feels like the words seemed to rise from the page and sink into the core of my being.  I started crying tears of joy as I thanked Jesus for listening to my prayer request the preceding evening and providing an answer through my aunt's post.

Answered Prayer
Next, I tearfully told Bill that my tears were joyful ones because I had been given a direct answer to my prayer. Bill listened as I read the words of the post to him. He agreed that I had been given a definite answer to my prayer. 

The Holy Spirit doesn't need any help from me. 
All I have to do is to be still and let Jesus work through me while not taking credit for it in ANY way. My part is to continue to live close to Jesus and be open and willing to the change going on inside me. I am NOT to control the streaming of the Holy Spirit. I AM supposed to keep my focus on Jesus. Pretty simple isn't it? 

I snipped the post and it is now on my computer background. My plan is to read and reread the post as I live close to Jesus and stay focused on him as I walk through today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB