Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, July 3, 2015

Verse of the Week - Romans 9:21 - July 6, 2015


A potter has a plan for each lump of clay that he uses before it is put on the potters wheel.  The potter already knows what type of vessel it will be in the end. The illustration in Romans 9:21 is to show us that God has a plan for each "lump of clay" that belongs to him. 

Charles Haddock Spurgeon preached a sermon on this verse called "Vessels of Mercy." In his sermon, Spurgeon made the following points:
  1. A vessel of wrath (dishonor) and a vessel of mercy are both made from the same lump of clay. 
  2. A vessel is a container.
  3.  At one time they (the redeemed) are full of themselves, but grace empties them, and then as empty vessels they are set in the way of God's goodness, God fills them to the brim with His loving-kindness, and so are they proved to be the vessels of His mercy. 
  4. all that God asks of you in order to have salvation is, not to do anything, but to holdout your empty hand and take all you want.(from Him)The elect of God are vessels only. 
  5. The redeemed may afterwards give out to others, but they can only give out what God has put in them. They may run over with gratitude, but it is only because God has filled them with grace; they may stream forth with holiness, but it is only because the Lord keeps the supply overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB