Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, July 3, 2015

Psalm of the Week - 40:2 - July 6, 2015

Jesus is my rock and I am glad that he is firmly in charge of my goings today and every day. My experience with being in a horrible pit, feet slippery with miry clay, is a distant memory. However, I know that the minute I stop letting Jesus be in charge, I am in danger of slipping back into the pit he took me out of. 

Alcoholism, bulimia, self-centeredness, and anger kept me company in that horrible pit for almost sixteen years before I decided to appeal to the Lord and he heard me. He helped me out of the mud and mire of a life that was dedicated to doing everything on my own, without any help from anyone, or anything. 

Jesus did indeed put a new song in my mouth and I continue to praise Him daily. For the last twenty-two years, my worst day is still better than the best day of my pit dwelling life, preJesus in charge. 

Who is in charge of your life? You or Jesus? 
Why Scripture Prayer 
 "Praying Scripture acknowledges the preeminence of the Bible as God’s revealed Word, and expresses faith that it has power to judge the thoughts and intentions of our hearts. Praying through Scripture with a teachable, humble heart can remove roadblocks to answered prayer such as unforgiveness, lack of faith in God, wrong motives, or sin in our lives. As we read God’s Word and talk to Him about it, His Spirit will guide us in prayer."                                                                                                     StonecroftMinistries:https://www.stonecroft.org/elithica/documents/pdf/Praying_Scripture.pdf
Psalm 40:2 Scripture Prayer
Fill in the blank with whatever issue you see as a pit in your life - worry, fear, addiction, unfaithfulness, anger, etc. -  and pray this prayer to Jesus.

Lord, I need your help. I know you can hear my cry. Lift me up out of the slimy pit of________________that I find myself in. I know you will lift me out of the mud and mire because you are faithful. You will set my feet on a rock so I will have a firm place to stand. Lord Jesus, put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to you. I will praise you Jesus so that all will see how you helped me and be in awe.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB