Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, April 25, 2014

Battling Alcohol, Drugs, and Addictions with Scripture Prayer

My first exposure to scripture prayer was when a friend loaned me a Beth Moore book, Get Out of That Pit. In the back of the book were a scripture prayers for everyday of the week. The concept is fairly simple, but I had never thought of it. Using scripture for prayer is now a habit for me. Below is a scripture prayer to help combat addictions. Just place the name of the person(s), or your own name, in the blanks when you pray. The italicized words are my own additions.



Father God, you know________________has made mistakes because of wine, liquor, or drugs and through strong drink or drugs are out of control. ___________has erred in  the same way the priest and the prophet have through strong drink or drugs. ____________is swallowed up in alcohol or drugs and  _______________is out of the way through addiction._________________is making errors in vision and is stumbling in judgement. (Isaiah 28:7)

The acts of the flesh are obvious in ____________________life: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery(drinking, drugs, partying, running wild); idolatry (material things, making money, workaholic, alcohol, drug use) witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. Father, _______________________, will not inherit your kingdom living like this. (Galatians 5:19-21)

Let _____________________be sober and vigilant because his/her adversary is the devil. The devil is a roaring lion, walking about, seeking to devour____________________. (1Peter 5:8)

Help ______________________to not love the world, neither the things that are in the world like alcohol, drugs, money, and the many other distractions from the enemy.  (1 John 2: 15-17)

Father, help ______________________to not be a lover of pleasures more than a lover of God. (2 Timothy 3:4)

Let ________________________know that their body is a temple of the holy Spirit which is in you, and that they are not their own, but belong to you. (1 Corinthian 6:19)

I beseech you Lord, that ______________________would present themselves to you as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to you.(Romans 12:1)
Strengthen __________________________so they can do all things through Christ. (Philippians 4:13)

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB