Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, March 5, 2014

And Paul Said,"...be patient with everyone."

Putting My Thoughts into Action


Since reading the "Girlfriends in God" post on patience, my thoughts have been circling my own need to be more patient with others. Putting my thoughts into action, I went to Biblehub.com and searched the word patient. As I read through the list of scriptures,  1 Thessalonians 5:14 caught and held my attention. After reading it slowly, I decided to read chapter five to make sure I understood the context of the verses. Paul was talking about being prepared for "The Day of the Lord" and the scripture below is part of his final instructions to the church at Thessalonica.  

And the Scripture Says


14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-18


What Caught My Attention



"Be patient with everyone...strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances..."

Okay, I am adopting this part of 1 Thessalonians as a daily reminder of how the Lord wants me to act. I want to write these words on the "tablet of my heart". Actually, a 3 x 5 index card will assist me in my effort to remember and apply this scripture to my life. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB