Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Fight Worth Having - Part 2


The videos for this series of posts have been removed from YouTube. My notes include all of the questions and scripture references from Beth's bible study.

Notes on Week 2 Video

  • Age doesn't matter.
  • We can change our behavior.
  • If you are the common denominator in all your conflicts, maybe you are the fighter.
  • If I am mad at everyone, if no one is doing me right, then I am the common denominator.
1 Timothy 1:8  We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.


1 Timothy 6:12  

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were       called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.











2 Timothy 4:7





 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
  • Paul's point: to be effective you have to learn to fight the good fight. The good fight of faith.
  • What makes a good fighter?
Exodus 15:3  The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name.
  • The Lord is a warrior. He is the Ultimate good fighter.
Deuteronomy 1:30    TheLord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes,


Deuteronomy 3:22   Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.”
  •  GOD will fight for you, or for something
  • Look in your bible's concordance for the word fight. See how many times it will say, "God will fight..."
  • A good fighter fights for someone or something, NOT with something.
  • How we can apply this to the fights in our lives. Are we fighting with, or for?
  • We have to learn to fight FOR not WITH
  • God is constantly calling us to participate with him and to join him.
  • He is teaching us and training us to be warriors.
Psalm 18:34 
He trains my hands for battle;

 my arms can bend a bow of bronze.


Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the     authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Joshua 23:9-10  
“The Lord has driven out before you great and powerful nations; to this day no one has been able to withstand you. 10 One of you routs a thousand, because the Lord your God fights for you, just as he promised.
  • When God participates in the battle and leads us in the battle, he will make us capable of routing or defeating a thousand. Just one.
  • In our New Testament lives,he gives us a power that isn't our own when we are fighting God's battle.
  • If what we are fighting for isn't something God would participate in , then it isn't worth fighting for.
  • We are spending so much energy of fighting with, that we don't have energy to fight for
  • What is it worth you fighting for? 
  • Think in terms of your marriage. You can have a bad fight with your husband. That is fighting with, not for.
  • Your marriage is worth fighting for, your kids are worth fighting for, a friend or loved one is worth fighting for, the lost who don't know Christ Jesus  are worth fighting for.
  • Fight for, NOT with

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB