Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, June 25, 2017

A Green Olive Tree in God's House - Psalm 52:8

David  was trusting God to keep his covenant loyalty to him because God keeps his word. He is faithful. 

"A green olive tree"; which is a very choice and fruitful tree has:

  • fatness in it
  • produces an excellent oil
  • is beautiful to look at
  • delights in hot climates and sunny places
  • is found on mountains
  • we read of the Mount of Olives in the Bible
  • is ever green and durable
  • its leaves and branches are symbols of peace
All of the above characteristics are also applicable to truly righteous persons and believers in Christ who are:

  •  the excellent of the earth
  • are filled with the fruits of righteousness
  • are fat and flourishing
  • have the oil of grace - the anointing which teaches all things
  • are a perfection of beauty - made perfectly comely through Christ's comeliness
  • thrive under him - the sun of righteousness
  • grow in the mountain of the Lord's house - the church
  • their grace is incorruptible
  • their leaf withers not
  • they are rooted in Christ and ever continue
  • they are the sons and daughters of peace
  • their last end will be eternal peace.  

                                                                                                                                           adapted from  Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
A green tree is the emblem of prosperity.
I am safe and happy...I have been kept unharmed, like a green and flourishing tree...protected in the very courts of the sanctuary - safe under the care and the eye of God. A green tree is the emblem of prosperity.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     adapted from Barnes Notes
Those who by faith and love dwell in the house of God, shall be like green olive-trees there. And that we may be as green olive-trees, we must live a life of faith and holy confidence in God and his grace.                                                                                                                                                                                              Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB