Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, June 15, 2017

25 Years Alcohol and Drug Free - My Sobriety Birthday

Today I have been clean and sober for a quarter of a century, or twenty-five years. My first day of a changed life occurred on June 15, 1992. 

On that day, I had come to believe and accepted three things about my life:
  • Step 1 The Personal Version
I admitted I was powerless over alcohol and drugs-that my life had become unmanageable
  • Step 2 The Personal Version
I came to believe that a Power greater than myself (God) could restore me to sanity.
  • Step 3 The Personal Version
I made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understood Him. 

In short, I had hit my rock bottom and knew that I needed help to learn how to live differently.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Isaiah 6:3
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

I can't, He can, and I think I'll let Him one day at a time! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 25 years! I am so glad that I got to meet you. Even though I don't see you very much, I am truly inspired by all that you post & from the short time I spent with you, I know you are an amazing woman. You lead a life that the Lord has blessed you with & it shows in your daily life. I am coming up on mine in August. I will post more later! Love You Dearly Sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Lottie! I really am grateful for what God has done for me. Thanks for sharing about your sobriety birthday. Love you too sister!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB