Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Holy Spirit Lives in ME!


In March, I shared a God Moment with you about the Holy Spirit.     Click Here to read 

The Lord continues to impress upon me how important it is that I know the Holy Spirit  has been given to me and lives in me. Consequently, living a life that does not quench the Holy Spirit is vital to my daily walk with Jesus. 

Activities that quench the Holy Spirit are:

  • Gossiping, or talking about other people in a negative manner. My mom deflects gossip by saying something positive about the person a remark is made about. This is a truly useful technique that works! 
  • Cussing - This includes camouflaged cussing, or using words such as fricking, in place of the "F word". LMAO is in the camouflaged cussing category.
  • Telling White Lies - God doesn't have degrees of lies. A lie is a lie. My husband told me early in our marriage,"Do not ask me a question unless you really want to hear the truth." He is not going to tell me a white lie to keep from hurting my feelings. 
My list isn't comprehensive. These three activities are things that are fairly common based upon my own experiences. I have striven to eliminate them from my life and become a "cleaner temple" for the Holy Spirit. 

Accepting, as a fact, that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit helps me to make wiser choices. What Would Jesus Do?, or WWJD, is a slogan that crosses my mind often because I do not want to be "in the realm of the flesh", but "in the realm of the spirit." I treasure the Holy Spirit and strive to be a better person today, than I was yesterday. 


1 Corinthians 6:19 NIVOr do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 

James 4:5 NIVOr do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us?

2 Timothy 1:14 NIVGuard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

Romans 8:9 NIV - You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB