The videos for this series of posts have been removed from YouTube. My notes include all of the questions and scripture references from Beth's bible study.
- Pride causes us to fight with God.
- Pride puts us in opposition with God.
1 Peter 5:5
In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”
- God fights for the humble.
- What part of our fight is pride? We have to get rid of pride.
- To fight a good fight, pride has to be set aside.
- Part of pride is that we do not want the other side to win.
- So what if you don't win in their eyes?
- If you know you have the approval of God, you WIN.
- The person with the most mud doesn't win.
- Choose to fight for and NOT with.
1 Peter 5:6-7
- If we will humble ourselves, God will exalt us.
- We fight best on our knees.
- God fights for his children.
- Bow down to God. Bow because when he swings, his mighty arm will hit you if you are not bowed humbly before him.
- God's mighty arm will hit whoever is standing arrogantly before him.
- Be very careful. If you are being beaten down or up, get sound, godly counsel.
- This is not about physical conflict. If you are being abused or beaten down, get help.
- Some of the hardest fights we will have is the fight to get down on our knees and give up our pride before God.
- Sometimes, God wants us down. Our fight is for, not with.
- Religious pride.
- Hyper spiritual pride.
- Do you find it peculiar that he had him hold still to cut his ear off?
- I believe what he tried to do is to cut his head off.
- Think about that.