Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, May 7, 2018

Verse of the Week - Galatians 2:8



















The Spirit of God
The Spirit of God can be seen in the works that Peter was able to perform because he had the Holy Spirit. Peter had the Holy Spirit working through him because it is confirmed by his works.
  • curing the man that was lame from his birth
  • striking Ananias and Sapphira dead for telling lies
  • raising Dorcas from the dead
  • communicating miraculous gifts by the imposition of his hands
  • the conversion of 3,000 people by one sermon 
Paul knew the Spirit of God worked in himself in the same way that it did in Peter because he was also able to perform many miracles too. 
  • striking blind Elymas the sorcerer
  • healing the cripple at Lystra
  • raising Eutychus from the dead
  • with many other signs and wonders wrought by him among the Gentiles, 
Paul knew the same Spirit also accompanied the Gospel preached by him due to the conversion of multitudes, by which means many famous churches were founded and raised among the Gentiles; and this is another reason which induced the apostles at Jerusalem to take Paul and Barnabas into an association with them.
adapted from Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible at biblehub.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB