Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Love the Story of Joseph and My Bible Study

A paragraph from my morning reading that I just love.
The story of Joseph is a favorite story that I have read and reread. There are so many lessons to be learned from this story. Bold print is my addition to the quote.
"By the time Joseph married and assumed his new position of leadership, he had spent 13 years in slavery. Was slavery part of God’s plan for him? Proverbs 20: 24 says, “A man’s steps are directed by the LORD.” How then can anyone understand his own way?” Joseph knew that God had a plan for his life, and he accepted God’s sovereignty regardless of what happened. He knew that God had directed his steps into that pit his brothers had dug for him just as He had directed his steps into a place of power. God had shown Himself faithful from the pit to Potiphar to prison to power. Joseph’s sons, in turn, became a living testimony to his conviction that God was with him every step of the way.
TerKeurst, Lysa. What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places (p. 84). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. "
Unlike Lysa, I don't believe God directed Joseph's steps into the pit.
Satan caused that to happen because he is the prince of this world, BUT God brought the blessings out of the situation because Joseph continued to honor God with his attitude and godly choices. No matter what happened to Joseph, God was with him and brought blessing out of each situation.
John 12:31-32
31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
Ephesians 2:2
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
1 John 3:8
the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers                                                        The title "Prince of this world" was the regular Rabbinic title for Satan, whom they regarded as the ruler of the Gentiles...Jews, as well as Gentiles, have been subjects of the prince of this world the world itself, as opposed to Christ...The world's condemnation is followed by the casting out of its ruler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB