Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, July 10, 2017

Trust God - Psalm 56:3-4

David was not bragging, he does not claim never to be afraid.
  • He saw the imminence of his peril, or danger from the Philistines, and was afraid.
  • He feared, but that fear did not fill the whole area of his mind, for he adds, "I will trust in thee."
It is possible, then, for fear and faith to occupy the mind at the same moment. 
  • We are strange beings, and our experience in the divine life is stranger still. We are often in a twilight, where light and darkness are both present, and it is hard to tell which dominates. 
If I fear man I have only to trust God, and I have the best antidote. 
  • To trust when there is no cause for fear, is but the name of faith, but to be reliant upon God when occasions for alarm are abundant and pressing, is the conquering faith of God's children.
Though the verse is in the form of a resolve, it became a fact in David's life, let us make it so in ours. 
  • Whether the fear arises from without or within, from past, present, or future, from temporals, or spirituals, from men or demons, let us maintain faith, and we shall soon recover courage.
"In God I will praise his word." 
  • Faith brings forth praise. 
  • He who can trust will soon sing praise. 
  • God's promise, when fulfilled, is a great subject for praise.
It is in or through God that we are able to praise. 
  • We praise as well as pray in the Spirit. 
  • Or we may read it - in celebrating the Lord one of the main points for thanksgiving is his revealed will in the Scriptures, and the fidelity with which he keeps his word of promise. 
"In God I have put my trust. I will not fear what flesh can do to me." 
  • Faith exercised, fear is banished, and holy triumph ensues, so that the soul asks, "What can flesh do to me?" 
  • What indeed? He can do me no real injury; all his ill will, spitefulness, or hatred shall be overruled for my good. 
Man is flesh, flesh is grass - Lord, in thy name I defy its utmost wrath. 


adapted from The Treasury of David by Charles H. Spurgeon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB