Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, July 17, 2017

The Pit of Doubt and Fear - Psalm 40:2-3

Jesus is My Rock 
 My experience with being in a horrible pit of fear and doubt, feet slippery with miry clay, is a distant memory. However, I know that the minute I stop letting Jesus be in charge of my life; I am in danger of slipping back into the pit of doubt and fear that he took me out of. I am glad that he is firmly in charge of my goings, today and every day.

Jesus did indeed put a new song in my mouth.  
I continue to praise Him daily. Today, my worst day is still better than the best day of my pre-Jesus, pit-dwelling life. 





Doubts and fears are a horrible pit and miry clay to many a beloved child of God. 
  • There is power enough in God to help the weakest and grace enough to help the unworthiest of all that trust in him. 
  • The psalmist waited patiently; he continued believing, hoping, and praying. 
  • This verse is applicable to Christ. His agony, in the garden and on the cross, was a horrible pit and miry clay. 
  • Those that wait patiently for God do not wait in vain. 
  • Christ is the Rock on which a child of God can stand fast
  • Where God has given steadfast hope, he expects there should be a steady, regular walk and conduct. 
  • God filled the psalmist with joy, as well as peace in believing and he will do it for all of his children.
  • Multitudes, by faith beholding the sufferings and glory of Christ, have learned to fear the justice and trust in the mercy of God through Him. 
  • Many are the benefits with which we are daily loaded, by the providence and by the grace of God.
Adapted from Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary
Psalm 40:2 Scripture Prayer
Fill in the blank with whatever doubt or fear you see as a pit in your life and pray this prayer to Jesus.
Lord, I need your help. I know you can hear my cry. Lift me up out of the slimy pit of________________that I find myself in. I know you will lift me out of the mud and mire because you are faithful. You will set my feet on a rock so I will have a firm place to stand. Lord Jesus, put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to you. I will praise you Jesus so that all will see how you helped me and be in awe.  Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB