Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, May 1, 2016

Verse of the Week - Colossians 2:12 - May 1, 2016

Our pastor's sermons have been focused on a believer's relationship with Jesus and God. Colossians 2:12 was part of his sermon for May 1. Our faith, or belief in God's work of raising Jesus from the dead is necessary for our salvation.

Matthew Henry wrote in his bible commentary,
"Through Christ, we, who were dead in sins, are quickened. Christ's death was the death of our sins; Christ's resurrection is the quickening of our souls."                      

I like the word "quickened" that Matthew Henry useed when he was writing abut Colossians 2:8-17. Basically it means that through Christ's resurrection, I was revived and brought to life. I was dead through sin, but brought back to life through my faith that God did indeed raise Jesus from the dead. Jesus' resurrection means I am spiritually risen with Him too. 

An older meaning for "quickened" is: "to cause to burn brighter, or kindle (as in making a fire, or flame to burn brighter)."
 Now I understand where the saying,"He is on fire for the Lord!" comes from. It comes from this older meaning for quickened. It isn't a bad thing for faith to cause us to burn brighter for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB