Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, January 24, 2016

Verse of the Week - 1 Corinthians 12:12 - January 24, 2016

Sugar cookies are like church members.
Confused? Bear with me for a moment.

Sugar cookies all begin as cookie dough in a bowl.
The baker takes a ball of the dough, shapes it into a sheet, and cuts out cookies. A variety of cookie shapes and sizes are made from the same lump of cookie dough.The baker changes each sugar cookie with a chosen color of frosting, multi-hued sprinkles, and a variety of colored sugars. However, they all taste about the same; sugary and sweet. The decorations don't really change the sugar cookie,

Similarly, the members of the body of Christ, are made of the same dough.
All the members come together to form one body, or church, and are united by faith in Jesus Christ. A variety of shapes,sizes, and colors are seen in the many members of Christ's body.  However, the similarity between sugar cookies and church members ends here.

Christ gives each member a gift to use for His purpose.
Every member has a unique set of spiritual gifts that continue to shape and mold them into a different shape and size as they walk through life.

Christ himself is one body formed by three members; God the Father, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ the son of God. Jesus and the Holy Spirit were each given a purpose by God - to reconcile His people to Himself. Jesus died for us, the Holy Spirit was given to us, and now we also belong to the one body.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB