Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, January 30, 2016

Love Your Church Family as Yourself

Church members are a family.
Through Jesus, we are born again into a family that has one common thread - we all accept Jesus Christ as Lord of our lives. Additionally, brothers and sisters in faith share a love of Jesus which should extend to each other. However, siblings in faith do not always get along.

Hurt feelings, angry feelings, and snappy words are all harmful to the family of God.
Guess who is thrilled with dissension among a church family? Yes, you know the answer - Satan, the master of dissension and deception. Remember the slogan,"What Would Jesus Do?, or WWJD." That slogan is a simple way for brothers and sisters in faith to decide how to handle difficult situations with each other.

In our heart, each of us knows what Jesus would do. In fact, if we are listening, the Holy Spirit himself, our communicator between the Son and ourselves, will tell us exactly what to do. At that point, it is up to each individual to decide if he or she is willing to follow the wise counselor's guiding, or not.

Additionally, the Bible tells us over and over that we are to love one another.
Let go of grudges, revenge, and anger right now! In the end, God and Jesus will judge the right and wrong of things. Love your church family as yourself and spread some peace, love, and joy today!

1 Peter 2:17 NIV
Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor

Romans 12:10 NIV
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves

Leviticus 19:18 NIV
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

1 John 4:21 NIV
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB