Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Pastor Introduced Us to the Tater Family Today


My pastor is preaching a series of sermons from the book of Nehemiah. He used the Tater family anecdote below as his lead-in to the sermon today. Every church has this family. 

Some people never seem motivated to participate, but are just content to watch while others do the work. They are called Speck Taters.

Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others work. They are called Commen Taters.

Some people are very bossy and like to tell others what to do, but don't want to soil their own hands. They are called Dick Taters,

Some people are always looking to cause problems by asking others to agree with them. They are called Agie Taters.

There are those who say they will help, but somehow just never get around to actually doing anything. They are called Hezzie Taters.

Some people can put up a front and pretend to be someone they are not They are called Emma Taters.

Then there are those who love others and do what they say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand. They bring real sunshine into the lives of others. They are called Sweet Taters.

By love serve one another. - Galatians 5:13

I cannot find an original author for the Tater family, but there are several versions available on the internet. SalleeB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB