Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Captivity of Activity Week 4



Sallee's Notes

  • Point 1 from Week 3 If the Enemy can't tempt us with destruction, he'll settle for distraction.
  • Please don't miss that Martha was busy serving Christ. She was so busy serving Christ that she was missing sitting at Christ's feet and taking in what he had to say.
  •  Make sure that you don't get so busy serving him that you totally miss him and wonder where you joy has gone.
  • We can serve Christ and still miss Christ. 
Luke 10:40

 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” 

  • Point 2 We Can Get Too Busy to Sense Christ's Tender Care
  • We can get too busy to sense God's tender care
  • We aren't abiding in the love of Christ and aren't continually reminded of how much he loves us. 
  • We are too busy and distracted. It takes some time.
  • Beth's personal point about joy of being a grandmother or watching a daughter with her baby 
Luke 8:14

14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 
  • We think being busy in Christ makes us mature.
  • Busy in Christ doesn't mean we are mature in Christ
  • We gain maturity by sitting at His feet (so to speak) and let his word soak in and come alive.
  • spending time with him is what we need.
  • Beth's personal point about a situation and conflict that caused her to be too busy.
  • A truth Beth received from the Lord, You have not let me take the time to heal you of your hurt feelings in this situation and it is coming out in anger.
  • Paid for not taking the time with irritability and frustration
  • Healing our souls takes time. It takes time!
  • Life will bruise us up and beat us up just because we are living it.
  • Stuffing down feelings is not maturity.
  • Maturity is when we take our hurt feelings to God. We are intimate with Him.
  • Be a tattle tail. He doesn't care. AND then we won't be taking it to other people.
  • Just tell it to God and then we are done
  • Tending takes time. Spend time with God and let him heal you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB