Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Captivity of Activity - Week 3



Sallee's Notes

Lesson we can learn at Martha's house.
Pull up a chair at Martha's house. The Lord is going to show us what Christ would say to us at Martha's house. Christ is also going to show us some lessons from our environment as we look around while we are at Martha's house.

1. If the Enemy cannot tempt us with destruction, he will settle for distraction.

  • Self destructive personalities really help him with his job of distracting us.
  • Hating yourself is a form of self-loathing and this is still self-absorption which is pride.
  • We are still full of ourselves which is sin. Destruction.
  • God and I have done a lot of work on me since that time. Not only a deep healing work on my heart, but also on my broken mind. 
  • Years and years of treating me with his word has renewed my mind.
  • I am not beyond destruction, but it does not work as often now.
  • Distraction works beautifully though. 
  • All this captivity of activity.
  • Moms especially have bought into this.
  • Martha is the kind that would not be without her Lysol or her Oust. How do I know this? I'll show you in the scripture.

38 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. 39“Take away the stone,” he said.
“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.”
40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”


John 11:38-40 NIV


  • Jesus is about to raise Lazarus from the dead and Martha speaks up about the bad odor. 
  • The King James Version is priceless on this one. "But Lord, he stinketh"
  • Where is my Lysol?
  • Can you imagine the look on Jesus' face?
  • Glory stinketh not!
  • Martha would not have wanted the kids to play in the house or teenage boys to be locked up until they smell better.
  • Mary and Martha both in me. Are you a MarMary?
  • I think all of us can relate to Martha and Mary.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB