Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Joyfully Teaching Vacation Bible School - Day Two

Christian Cooks Rock!

I forgot to share in my previous post that our church, First Baptist Church of Belle, MO, has an evening Vacation Bible School (VBS) program. Each day of VBS starts with supper at 5:30 P.M.. Day Two started off with a great meal of BBQ chicken, cheese fries, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, beverages, and DESSERT. (Pardon the capital letters, but dessert really does make me wanna shout.) The dessert menu featured home baked, red velvet cupcakes, peanut butter cup tarts, and fruit cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Seriously, Christian cooks rock! Our VBS attendees and their parents get to eat with us every day. It is a joy to see a crowed dining room full of families eating all they want!

YouTube, a Bible Resource

Technical difficulties resulted in bible classes starting about twenty-five minutes early. However, I welcomed the chance to include more of the Day One activities and complete the Day Two bible lesson. After I returned home from Day One, I went online to YouTube to find a supplemental, attention catching video to open my Day Two lesson.

A quick search for "Apostle Paul" yielded a three part set of animated videos that covered Paul's life from the stoning of Stephen to his imprisonment in Rome. So I downloaded them on my tablet with an Android app, then put the SD card into my laptop so I could play the videos (the laptop screen is about 16" X 8.5") to reinforce the Day One and Day Two lessons. Kids and cartoons go together like peanut butter and jelly.

The Adventures of Flat Paul

Flat Paul made an appearance today and traveled to music, recreation, and crafts with the class. I was only too happy to snap one or two pictures of posing preteens happily clustered around Flat Paul at each activity. Even the adults, joined in the fun.
Flat Paul before his encounter on the road to
Damascus.

Movie Making

My evening at VBS ended around 8:15 P.M. Upon arriving at home, I fed my sweetie and then uploaded my digital pictures onto the laptop. Editing twenty-two pictures, placing them in Movie Maker, and adding music kept me occupied until Bill announced he was going to bed. My evening activities concluded with playing the movie for Bill, saving the movie, and shutting down the laptop.

Occupied and Satisfied

Being a wrench in the Lord's tool box sure keeps me occupied and satisfied! God bless you all and stay tuned for the further adventures of joyfully teaching VBS.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB