Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, July 11, 2013

Is That Verse in the Bible?


Bible verses appear in TV shows and movies on a regular basis. Are they actual Bible verses? Grabbing my tablet to check out a scripture in the ebible app is an automatic action I have developed over the last two or three years. Usually, the verse is in the Bible, or part of the verse is in the Bible.

The remake of True Grit, the movie, features an example of a partial verse.

Movie verse
Screenshot taken by Sallee Bonham
 

 
 
Proverbs 28:1 is an actual verse in the Bible. The period indicates this is a complete thought. Wrong.

Complete verse
The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
Proverbs 28:1 NIV

Correct version of a partial quote
The wicked flee though no one pursues...
Proverbs 28:1 NIV

I believe that the only Bible many people are familiar with, are quotes in movies. When writers quote from another media, accuracy should be automatic. Sadly, in this case, the quote is out of context and inaccurate.
We are in a spiritual battle with a foe who is a deceiver. Partial truths are a tool that our foe uses to deceive and manipulate honest people because a partial truth is actually a lie. Next time you see a verse attributed to the Bible on a TV show or movie, find it in your Bible. Is it an actual verse? Is it accurate and complete? The answers may surprise you.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB