Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flowering Weed or Blooming Wildflower?





Purple flowering weed, white blooming wildflowers, and a white buttefly bush.




What is the difference between a flowering weed and a blooming wildflower?


Take a close look at the pictures. My daughter Ashley was ten or eleven when she first saw the purple "flowers" that are blooming at the corner of  my storage building. Ashley didn't see a weed, all she saw were the pretty purple blooms. In fact, she transplanted the flowers into her flowerbed and tended them with the same care that I lavish on my butterfly bush.

 I was ten or eleven when my mom taught me that the yellow centered, white blooms of this apparent "weed" in the center picture is a wildflower. These miniature, daisy-like blooms captured my heart. I let them grow in the fence rows and field that belong with our home.

The average person calls both types of plants, weeds. The baby plants usually get sprayed with weed killer, or pulled up before they are more than a few inches tall. When allowed to achieve maturity, you get tall, multi-branched, leggy plants (48" high) with unattractive leaves. The weedy plants stay that way for four to eight weeks. Slowly buds start to develop singly, or in clusters, on the tips of each branchlet. Finally, in mid July, you awake one morning to brilliant purple blooms and clusters of blossoms that look like miniature daisies. Another strike against the weed and the wildflower - no sweet scent is to be found. Only a slightly musty, weedy, nose tickling smell that makes you sneeze.

I think I've established that the difference between a flowering weed and a blooming wildflower is based upon how you look at them.  

 
God loves each one of us. He doesn't care if we are a flowering weed or a blooming wildflower. He watches us as we grow in faith and walk in the world. People around us may think we are misfits, or weeds, that don't belong in their social group. Even fellow Christians may not see the Lord at work in us. All they see is the exterior weed. However, if we trust God and let him work through us, we will be a bloom in the Lord's garden.
 

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things...

1 Corinthians 1:27-28 NIV









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB